Well, everyone...after 5 weeks and 2 days, our car is back! I have seen a lot of other people driving their Santa Fe on the road and I've been jealous. It really is a good-looking car and I really started to miss mine. I have been excited about getting my nice car back (although sad to give up the nice rental)!
The reality of it, however, is a bit different. It's not really my car anymore. It's just...awkward. The rear door closes differently; the small, very rear window still isn't quite flush with the car and pops out just a little bit; the steering wheel is slightly askew; and it smells funny (you know that smell when you get the upholstery cleaned or you buy a used car from a dealership and they've cleaned it up all nice but it smells weird).
It just wasn't what I expected. I am still relieved to not have to go through the process of getting a new car (though we'd love one!), but I'm a bit disappointed overall by the fact that it just doesn't really feel like my car. :( I'm sure it'll get better, but for now...I am less happy than I thought I would be. :)
2 comments:
I'm sorry your car doesn't feel the same. I remember feeling that way when I had to have my hyundai fixed in college. You'll get used to it after a while though, I'm sure. At least you have it back now. :)
Well, I'm glad it's back, but that's a bummer that it isn't the same. I am also sure you'll get used to it though. I can't believe it took so long to fix!
Post a Comment