Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A First

I learned a new meaning behind the idea of putting your child in front of a TV/movie to entertain and babysit. I was at work at Brick Oven and, from where I stand at the host desk, I can see a few of our tables. I looked up and saw a first: a family of 6 with a child in a high chair, and sitting in front of the child was a portable DVD player with a movie on! Wow. Talk about wanting to make sure the kid is entertained and behaves! All I wanted to do was pull up a chair and watch with him. :) Another employee walked by the family and then came up to me and said that he thinks we should buy some and rent them out! Ha! :)

5 comments:

Chad & Chels said...

At Pirate Island last night we were next to a table with 3 kids. The first one had a nintendo ds, the second had an iphone that he was playing games on, and the third one had a laptop that she was checking facebook on. Wow! It was crazy how they couldn't even make it through a dinner, let alone at a really cool, family fun oriented restaurant. Crazy.

blim4evans said...

My sister in law does that with her son haha...one time she even gave him her ipod touch to watch cause that's all they had..and he even wore the headphones

Abbie said...

That is possibly the best idea yet to come out of Brick Oven!

Ben and Janelle said...

What is the world coming to?! :) I also saw a little girl about 3 years old using her mom's iPod touch and headphones while waiting in the lobby. An old man walked by and asked the women if she didn't think her daughter was too young be getting started in something like that. THe woman just laughed and said "at least it keeps her entertained." Ha!

Cathy said...

You know, when we were a young couple we didn't have the funds to take our little guys to many restaurants, so when we did it was kind of a special treat. Even so, they enjoyed the place mats you can color on, the mazes and so forth. It's kind of too bad it's all so hi-tech and expensive now, but the idea is kind of the same. But I think you can interact more when they're coloring--in fact, I remember having a lot of fun doing some of the coloring myself!