Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Saturday

This last Saturday, I requested the day off of work to spend some time with Ben. We went to a class about improving your lawn,and then walked around the gardens at the place where the class was held and looked at the pretty plants and flowers. They had a list of all the plants they have with boxes next to them so you can check it if you like that plant. We marked a lot of them, including one called 'Lamb's Ear'which really felt like fur on an animal! While we were there, we also enjoyed a local hot dog favorite for lunch: J-Dawgs! For only $2, you got one of their huge, amazing hot dogs and a can of soda.
Then we went to RC Willey and looked around at the furniture, appliances, and a really nice DSLR camera that I am now in love with (it's a Canon T1i...the same as yours, Ash!). After RC Willey, we went to the dollar theater to see The Last Song. Yes, it has Miley Cyrus in it, but it's not a Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana movie. She just happened to land the role. It's based on a Nicholas Sparks book (I am a huge fan of Mr. Sparks). But, just like all his books/movies, it is sad cuz someone dies. You just can't escape it! It could still be a good story of love, difficulty, and romance without death!! Sheesh. :) Anyway, it was cute, but I just don't think anything beats The Notebook.
Then it was home for dinner. We had tacos that were much more difficult to make than they should have been. First of all, the meat cooked up in rather large chunks, so after it cooked I put it in my food chopper to grind it up more. Then Ben and I prepared the toppings, cooked the shells, and filled them. Should be it, right? Well, I started eating mine and noticed that the shells tasted pretty yucky (just really old). Luckily, I knew they were old so I bought extras just in case. SO...I had to cook new shells and then scraped out the meat and cheese from the old ones to the new. Meanwhile, Ben was scraping sour cream off of his tacos because he smelled it and stirred it and everything seamed okay. However, after he put it all over his tacos, he tasted a bit of it and realized it had gone bad! Again, I suspected it might be old and bought new just in case, and Ben was glad I did. We finally sat down and ate cold tacos, but still enjoyed them. :) But I do have some advice: the super stuffer taco shells aren't worth it. They are large, hard to eat, and have so much tortilla that you are basically eating chips with a bit of other stuff. I prefer the small ones, and then just eat an extra one to fill up. :)
P.S. All pictures were taken from the Internet, not by me. :)

3 comments:

Dad D said...

Now Janelle did you and Ben have Sauerkraut on the hot dogs?? Ya gotta have it! Just mustard and Kraut, yummm. That yard class sounds like fun. So in July we won't recognize the back yard ,right?

Arizona Dunbars said...

We need that class too. Matt and I have been struggling with our lawn this year. So frustrating, it's actually been about three years we have struggled with it. That plant you like you can find in the forest in Prescott. My mom always told us it was Indian Toilet paper, funny huh. I hate dinner disasters like that. One night dinner was 5 minutes from coming out of the oven, Matt had just gotten home, and then my glass pan that had already been in the oven for 25 minutes exploded and just broke to pieces in the oven. Needless to say the food didn't make it and we had canned soup for dinner. After all that work. ARggghh. We are excited to see you in a bit. Do you have anything special things you wanted to do while you were staying with us? Would you guys rather sleep on two twin bunk beds or a queen air mattress?

Chad & Chels said...

I love Lamb's Ear. My mom has huge bushes in her backyard. I would always pick a bunch of leaves when I was little and carry them around with me. They feel so nice. :)