Monday, July 19, 2010

Ben and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Ever had one of those days where you can't decided if you want to laugh or cry because literally everything went wrong? Ben had one of those today and we want to share it with you!
1. Got up late
2. Skipped breakfast due to the aforementioned lateness
3. Made a trip to Provo to drop some stuff into some dumpters for recycling, only to find out the dumpsters were no longer there
4. Stopped at a gas station and locked his key (and his extra hide-a-key) in his truck and had to pay to have it unlocked
5. Headed to Roosevelt for doing testing, and realized that even though he could get there the way he was driving, it was not the best, most direct route. He never goes that way, but for some reason, had it in his head that he should
6. Missed a turn and had to backtrack 3 miles
7. Was late for his appointment to test
8. Set up everything to do what's called a blower-door test, only to find that a vital part of the equipment was missing and he could not do the testing he was supposed to, and now has to go back tomorrow (a two hour drive each way)
9. Pinched his hand in the ladder as he was taking it down
10. While driving home, was startled by someone swerving into and then back out of his lane
11. After this hard day, he was then confused by those flaggers at road construction sites. He drove past a guy with the 'SLOW' sign, and then approached a second guy whose sign read 'STOP'. Ben let off the gas and was preparing to stop when he realized he was seeing the backside of the sign for the people driving the other direction and that he didn't have to stop

Looking back on it, Ben is now laughing at all the things that went wrong with his day, but it sure was frustrating at the time. Hearing his story made me think of the cute children's book 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day', thus the title of this post.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow! :)

P.S. I promise there is a big post coming. I just haven't had time to sort through pictures and such to do it yet. Be patient!

7 comments:

Erin R. said...

Poor Ben! I hope things go a lot better for him today!

Dad D said...

What can I say, Ben just knows how to have a different kind of day. What happened to the missing piece of test equipment?

Talyn said...

This is me being patient and eagerly awaiting your next post...by commenting on THIS one.

I really do hate those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days. So sorry, Ben. But honestly, they make the most blog worthy posts. And holy cow they are fun to laugh about after the fact! Laughing definitely makes MY world go 'round...but of course you know that.

Can't wait to hear more about your Arizona trip!

blim4evans said...

poor ben! I know luckily there are others who have gone through the same thing!

Delcie said...

Bad days are the worst! They seem to last forever, too! I hope you got to have a really, wonderful, stupendous day to balance it all out!

Arizona Dunbars said...

That is a horrible day. I guess if we didn't have a few of those, hopefully not to frequently, we wouldn't appreciate the really good ones but still they stink.

Cathy said...

I like it that others made the positive comments (it's funny later on; helps you appreciate the good days) so that I can just sympathize, which I do. It did make a great posting, though.