Sunday, October 24, 2010

Yard Sale!

Ben and I had our second yard sale ever on September 11th. A lady in our ward wanted to have a neighborhood sale. Alone, Ben and I didn't really have a lot to sell, but we thought that if others were participating and people could go from house to house, it wouldn't matter. Well, only a few others participated, but it turns out that we had more than we thought to sell and were able to make about $100 from it! It sure was a beautiful day for a sale, too. It started off chilly, but warmed up nicely. The only thing I really wish was that I had had more time to prepare and could have paired this yard sale with a bake sale! :)


We tied a rope from our tree to the fence to hang our clothes. It worked well enough to serve our purposes, but a nice hanging rack would have been better. :)

4 comments:

Erin R. said...

Nice job except do I see that you sold a BYU shirt??? You NEVER get rid of BYU stuff! You just recycle it and use it for other purposes. A BYU dust-rag....always works better than a plain one. :-)

Delcie said...

$100! Huzzah!! Way to go you guys! Now you have the added bonus of having cleaned out! Ah, it feels so good!

Dad D said...

Did you invest the $100.00 making 8% interest somewhere? More like .45%. Just buy something ya gotta have and enjoy, or pay a bill.

Arizona Dunbars said...

Sounds like a good time. Usually we just donate stuff, but $100 is worth it. That buys a lot of funnel cakes at the fair.