*Answering the phone to take reservations
*Entering data into the computer
*Filing
*Setting up interviews, preparing new-hire info, and doing new-hire orientation
*Anything else asked of me
This job also has so many benefits when compared to my other position:
*I NEVER have to work nights or Saturdays EVER again (No more 12:30am shifts on Fridays)!
*I get all holidays off, even the little ones!
*I don't have to wear that ugly white button-up shirt and tie ever again!
*No more dealing face-to-face with angry or annoying guests!
*No more stressful, crazy-busy days (I've been especially grateful for this these last few days around Christmas where ALL reservation spots are full and there are still large walk-in parties to find room for...)!
*I still get free food!
*I don't have to fight for the limited hours available or worry about being sent home early on a slow day...I always work M-F from about 9am-4 or 5pm. It's also really flexible if I need an extra day off or need to come in late/early.
*Although I have a slight decrease in hourly pay, I get way more hours than before, thus getting better paychecks!
*I don't have other people to clean up after and make things all clean and pretty and organized again after others have messed things up. I have my own space and it stays clean!
*I get to basically just work at my own pace and don't really have to answer to anyone else!
Did I say how lucky and blessed I am to have this new position?! We actually had a receptionist that was hired in October, but she didn't work out. The very same day she was let go, I was offered the job and quickly accepted. My Heavenly Father loves me! He knows just how frustrating my job had become and how unhappy it was making me. I have felt His hand in this as I was offered this job that has been such a wonderful change. It makes the time I still have to spend as a working woman that much more tolerable...in fact, I just don't tolerate it...I enjoy it! :)
(No, this is NOT my office...just found it on the Internet)
7 comments:
Yea for a new job that you love!!
Hurray! Now you won't run into old students of yours either, lol. I am glad you are happier.
Congrats Janelle, you sure deserve it!!
Janelle that's so exciting! As fun as the dining room is, its always nice to get away. And you're getting away while still keeping some good parts, that's awesome! I'm happy for you :)
Congratulations!! I'm so happy that you love your new position! You must have impressed your boss to be offered the position! Way to go!!
We are happy for you and this new job. Good work and I am sure that you will do a great job.
JANELLE!! I love this and I can't even imagine how dang happy you are, especially about the serious lack of white shirts and ties in your daily wardrobe. HA. This really is so, so great. Finally this day has come!
Post a Comment