Thursday, September 1, 2011

Past Events

Well, I am having to play catch-up a little bit again with the blog. Here are a few other happenings that I haven't shared:
1. Ben had a training for work in Oklahoma City and I was able to go with him! We just drove there because it's actually pretty close (only 5 hours...I had no idea!). I like to take pictures of the hotel rooms we stay in, just for memories. 2. I bought some Orange Sauce from Panda Express and made my own orange chicken! I cut up the chicken, breaded it, fried it, and put the sauce on it. I had a recipe to make the sauce too, but I wanted to use the real thing from Panda. Ben helped me come up with this armor to protect against the splattering oil while frying. It was very yummy!
3. Ben brought home some roses for me out of the blue. I love when he does that! :)Stay tuned for a few more posts!

4 comments:

Dad D said...

That is quite the getup you have on to protect from hot splatters. You could patent it and get rich. I love what you have done with your couch, is it working?

Dad D said...

When I saw the motel room,before reading, I thought, WOW she has really worked wonders with your apartment.

Cathy said...

Your chicken looks absolutely delicious. I'll have to try that "tuck extra paper towels into the mitts" idea the next time I have to fry something.

Kate said...

I just used the Panda Express Mandarin chicken flavor last week, and I was pretty impressed. I will be buying that again soon. How was your orange chicken? Nice cooking gloves. After you're done cooking you could go be a hockey goalie. :) Did they work well?