Ben and I had a very low-key Thanksgiving, but we enjoyed it. The weather outside was very "fall" with overcast, kinda misty skies, and cool temperatures.

I didn't feel like cooking a turkey in our tiny little kitchen, so we bought a rotisserie chicken from Walmart and then I made the other traditional fixings of mashed potatoes (with gravy from a jar), green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls, and my mom's pecan pie.
Even Rolo was tuckered out afterward!

And did we do any Black Friday shopping? No. Not this year. We didn't even look at the ads so we wouldn't be tempted to spend money we don't have for things we don't really need. But on Friday we did lounge around in our pajamas and we had leftovers for lunch while listening to Christmas music. I just love the holidays!
We are so grateful for all the blessings we have. Not every blessing we hope for has been realized yet, but we have so much to be thankful for. We hope you all had a wonderful day!
2 comments:
It all looks good. Mom wonders how the green bean casserole turned out? I am very proud of you two for resisting all the "Black Friday" hype. Good job guy's.
That pecan pie sure looks good! I'll have to make one for Christmas. I think that cat looks pretty happy :)
Post a Comment