Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Check 'em Out!

This is a video I took of something I have never seen before.
These birds (I think they are Brewer's Blackbirds) congregate, at night, in the trees along a particular street in New Braunfels.  And they are LOUD!  You can hear them as you drive down the street with windows rolled up, and the ground beneath the trees is a solid white layer of bird poop.  It was pretty amazing. :)

6 comments:

Erin R. said...

Oh man! I wouldn't want those outside my window!

Dad D said...

How come you didn't stroll under the trees, Jan? That would have made a great movie location for a remake of "The Birds".

Dad D said...

How come you didn't stroll under the trees, Jan? That would have made a great movie location for a remake of "The Birds".

Dad D said...

Slow Computer. Double Post, sorry.

Delcie said...

That's hilarious!! We have the same thing outside our window, from the neighbor's tree. There's only one tree, though. The birds are LOUD in the summer. We've learned to tune them out after a few nights, after it starts. There aren't any congregations of loud birds in Utah?

Kate said...

Maybe they're just one big family. :) We used to have a tree just outside the kids' window and it had a family of brown birds (I don't know their OFFICIAL name) but they were SOOOO loud and obnoxious. I could here them clear on the other side of the house, while IN my house. They would wake Dalon up from naps all the time. I swore I was going to shoot them one day. Then we just ripped out the tree. Problem solved. :)