Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Find

I have decided that I really don't like sugared drinks.  I still like fruit juices, but I have even started drinking "light" versions of orange and apple juice when I can.  I like the sugar-free and/or very low-calorie drink mixes you can add to water (Crystal Light or GV brand, and even Hawaiian Punch has some fun, sugar-free flavored mixes). I will still drink bevages with added sugar SOMETIMES, but I really try to avoid it as often as I can.  One problem, however, is that I love orange, grape, and strawberry sodas, but you can hardly ever find them in "diet".  There is a diet Sunkist, but both it and the regular version have caffiene.  I avoid caffiene as much as possible so I don't like to have it in my orange soda (plus, I think Sunkist tastes kinda funny).  So, I do sometimes allow myself to drink one of those fun-flavored sodas when I come across them.  However...Ben just found a diet orange Crush!! Yipee!!  There is a downside, though.  Most diet sodas have 0 calories, but this one has 25 per 12oz can.  I am not thrilled with that, BUT at least it's diet, with no caffiene, and way fewer calories than it would normally have!!  I drink diet A&W Rootbeer regularly (tastes as good to me as the sugar-filled stuff), and so now I can add orange Crush!  Ahhh, so happy!

1 comment:

Dad D said...

Glad ya found a drink you like. We have pretty much given up soda. I have lost 20+ since 1st of March.