So, our duplex we're renting has tile everywhere except the bedrooms. For some reason, that's the ideal thing here in Texas...but I don't like it. I want carpet in my living room for sure, and probably even in most hallways! I like wood/laminate floors for kitchen, entries, etc. but carpet is so nice in living areas. I don't like buying area rugs because they are expensive (even a simple one at Walmart that was only 5'x8' was $75) and it's hard to find one that is likeable! So, Ben and I took the example of some friends of ours and we went to a carpet place and bought an 8'x9' carpet remnant for $56. We didn't get anything fancy or have the edges bound like we wanted to, but we did hot-glue the edges as advised by the lady that sold us the carpet and it worked perfectly! Now we have something a little softer and warmer under our feet in the living room!
All vacuumed and ready for the furniture placement,
Looks good!
That's nice!
We may still get a runner or two for a couple other places, but at least the living room has something. :)
2 comments:
Very cool. What a great idea and it looks great. That was nice of the lady to give you the idea of gluing the edges. I can tell Ben loves it.
It's also cheap and easy to replace if you suddenly get an urge to change the color to chartreuse or something nice and neutral like that.
Post a Comment