Friday, June 15, 2012

Combination

Here's another little combination post that includes a few different things from May.

1. We saw The Avengers (twice) and really liked it!  It had lots of action and some humor, too!  We deem it buy-worthy.

2. I have a varied work schedule at Hobby Lobby and I sometimes work at night.  When I work at night, I don't get home until 9-10pm and I am working during normal dinner hours.  Therefore, I have to eat "dinner" before I go to work or during my break, but those times are usually pretty early and often not long after I ate lunch.  So this one day, I was especially full still from lunch, but needed to take advantage of my time to eat because I didn't want to eat dinner after work.  This is the text message between me and Ben regarding the situation, which I thought was really funny at the time.  It may not be quite as funny to everyone else...but the things Ben comes up with sometimes just really make me laugh!

3. See this guy? This is a nymph (immature) milkweed assassin bug. 
As I was laying on the couch watching a show, I saw some movement out of the corner of my eye on the pillow I was using.  I immediately KNEW there was a spider crawling toward my head, bolted upright, and shoved that pillow as far away from me as I could.  Ben looked at me confused until I showed him the spider, which we captured and then determined was one of those bugs after researching online. They are good for your garden because they eat flies and other bugs, but they are kinda freaky-looking!  They have 6 long legs that look just like spider legs, and two LONG antenna that also kinda look like legs! Creepy, but cool too.  This picture is actually of the one that was crawling on my pillow, after we put him outside.

4. I planted some petunias in our front planter area and had some leftover that I planted in a pot that was left on our back patio.  They started off puny and half-dead (yes, I guess I'm pessimistic), but look what happened!


5. This is actually from April, but I forgot to post it.  Ben and I were buying some ice cream when we came across these new ice cream bars flavored like York Peppermint Patties, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Mounds candy bar.  Ben...oh my goodness...got SO excited over the York ones! Haha! He just stared at them and sort of whimpered and said, "ohhh, ohhh, Janelle...ohhh, I want those!  Ohhh, those sound so good!!"  I almost thought he was kidding and over-emphasizing his desire for them to be funny...but he was totally serious!  I asked him if he wanted to get some and he said, "yeesss, oh, yesss!" all excited just like a kid!  He wasn't loud and bouncing around, but just this soft, sincere whimpering over how good they sounded and how much he wanted them!  It was as if I was buying him a really special, meaningful gift that he's wanted for years and was just so happy and excited! Haha!  My funny boy!

3 comments:

Dad D said...

I love the chipmunk picture. Sooo funny. How did he attach it and all that stuff? Did you then take a photo of the cell phone with the message??? Great stuff. I like you colorful bugs. The flowers filled in great.

Ben and Janelle said...

He went online and googled a chipmunk and sent the photo as a text message. Then yes, you can take a picture with your phone of the screen you're currently on. :)

Cathy said...

That bug really would have bugged me. I'd have been screaming. It's a lucky bug that it was in your house instead of mine, because I don't think he would still be alive!