1. Fresh, crisp, cool air. The temperatures were beautiful, with highs in the upper 60's-low 70's, as opposed to upper 80's in hot, humid Texas. There was still some snow on the mountains
and I enjoyed opening the windows at night to let in the 40-degree air as I snuggled under the blankets. I even awoke to the sound of a rooster crowing somewhere close by!
2. I went to Brick Oven to see some friends and was even treated to a free pizza! :)
3. I got my hair trimmed and highlighted by my favorite stylist!
4. I did some much-needed weeding in the back yard, tackling some weeds that were heavily armored against someone like me (but I came off conquerer).
5. I had lunch with my best friend Erin at Los Hermanos, spent the afternoon running errands with her, had a free breakfast of French Toast at Kneader's with her and her family, and was invited to her home for Mother's Day dinner where I took a few pictures of her boys.
6. Went to my friend Ashley's wedding reception
(her husband looks just like a young Drew Carey--and she knows it!)
7. I thoroughly enjoyed some yummy Costa Vida!
8. Got to see my brother Scott and his family and went swimming with them at our community's pool.
9. Enjoyed walking in the beautiful weather just around the block to church and saw some more friends I haven't seen since we moved.
10. I was able to do a photo shoot, which I haven't done in a while...and I loved it! I miss taking pictures. I just need to get situated and find a way to advertise around here! :)
If I didn't get a chance to come see you...I am sorry! Ben stayed in Texas to work and I was busy the whole time I was there. I sure loved being there again and can't wait for our family reunion in July!
Parting shots from the plane:
The Grand Canyon!








4 comments:
Janelle! You look gorgeous!! :-) I love all your fun blog posts!
It was a fun trip!! A good excuse for some girl time!! Can't wait to see you again in July!
Great set of pictures. I love the giant week, you were brave to do battle against it. Your friends husband really do look like a young Drew Carey, it is amazing. Thanks for the weeding.
Weed not week. Gotta proof read before I hit the launch button.
Post a Comment